This warranty applies to all Jackson Adventure products (kayaks, boats, coolers and kennels) that are sold new or as “demos” (each a “Jackson product”), subject to the exceptions listed below
1 – What does this warranty cover?
- This warranty covers substantial defects in materials and workmanship in the hull and outfitting components of your Jackson product, subject to the exceptions and requirements listed below.
2 – What is not covered by this warranty?
- This warranty does not cover any problems resulting from abuse, misuse, commercial use, or ordinary wear (such as abrasions, chipping or color fading), or from failure to use or care for the Jackson product in accordance with instructions furnished.
- This warranty does not cover products sold “as is” or without warranty, or Jackson product that have been altered structurally or that have been subjected to stresses beyond the physical limits of the boat’s material.
- This warranty is the exclusive statement of your rights with respect to any defects in the Jackson product you have purchased, and this limited warranty supersedes any other express warranty or statement, written or oral, made in connection with your purchase. This warranty excludes any consequential or incidental damages or expenses resulting from any defect in your Jackson product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
3 – Who is this warranty for?
- This warranty is for the original retail purchaser or for subsequent owners.
4 – How long does this warranty last?
- For Boats & Kayaks Purchased 2019 & Prior: The warranty lasts for three (3) years from the original date of purchase of the Jackson product from an authorized dealer (unless the Jackson product was sold as a “demo”, or if you are not the original owner, in which case the warranty period begins when the boat is first shipped from Jackson).
- For Boats & Kayaks Purchased 2020 & After: The warranty lasts for five (5) years from the original date of purchase of the Jackson product from an authorized dealer (unless the Jackson product was sold as a “demo”, or if you are not the original owner, in which case the warranty period begins when the boat is first shipped from Jackson).
- For Orion Coolers & Kennels: This is a limited ten (10) year warranty from the original date of purchase and is non-transferable.
Any implied warranties under applicable state law are limited to the duration of this limited warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
5 – What does this warranty cover?
- At the discretion of Jackson Adventures, we will repair or replace the hull and/or outfitting components, based on the applicable warranty year, as follows:
- Watercraft Purchased 2019 and Prior
- First Year of Warranty: We’ll replace or repair the hull for free (or we’ll replace the complete boat for 20% of the current MSRP), plus the cost of shipping.
- Second Year of Warranty: We’ll replace or repair the hull for 20% of current boat MSRP (or we’ll replace the complete boat for 40% of the current boat MSRP), plus the cost of shipping.
- Third Year of Warranty: We’ll replace or repair the hull for 30% of the current boat MSRP (or we’ll replace the complete boat for 60% of the current boat MSRP), plus the cost of shipping.
- Watercraft Purchased 2020 and After
- First Year of Warranty: We’ll replace or repair the hull for free (or we’ll replace the complete boat for 10% of the current MSRP), Free Shipping
- Second Year of Warranty: We’ll replace or repair the hull for 10% of current boat MSRP (or we’ll replace the complete boat for 30% of the current boat MSRP), plus shipping.
- Third, Fourth and Fifth Year of Warranty: We’ll replace or repair the hull for 30% of the current boat MSRP (or we’ll replace the complete boat for 50% of the current boat MSRP), plus shipping.
- Orion Coolers & Kennels
- 10-year duration: We’ll replace, components, lid, or the entire cooler at our discretion.
- Certain branded components are covered by the warranty of component manufacturer. You may obtain a copy of any such warranties by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (931) 738-4800.
- Other Product Outfitting Components:
- First Year of Warranty: Free replacement, plus shipping.
- Second Year of Warranty: Replacement at 30% of current MSRP, plus shipping.
- Third Year of Warranty: Replacement at 60% of current MSRP, plus shipping.
- The FlexDrive-E is manufactured by PropEle Electric Boat Motors, Inc.
- the product has been used improperly; for example, if the operating and care instructions in the manual were not followed, or
- the product was altered or modified, or parts and accessories were added that are not expressly permitted or recommended by PropEle.
- For problems with any motor head components, call Propel Customer Service at 425-502-5232, 9am – 5pm, Pacific Time Zone. You will need pre-authorization to arrange for return and repair to their factory. The authorized service facility is in North Bend, Washington. In some cases your warranty could be voided if unauthorized repairs are made or if an incorrect prop is used with the motor.
- PropEle guarantees the original purchaser that the motor head is free from material and manufacturing faults for 2 years from the date of purchase. This obligation does not cover the incidental costs of a warranty claim or any other financial losses (e.g. costs for towing, telecommunication, food, accommodation, loss of earnings, etc.).
- Products that are used commercially or by public authorities are excluded from this two-year warranty. In these cases, the statutory warranty applies.
- PropEle will determine whether faulty parts may be repaired or replaced. At this time, there are no authorized dealers or repair facilities other than at Propels U.S. factory. Unauthorized repairs can void your warranty. No other entity has the authority to make legally binding statements on behalf of PropEle Electric Boat Motors, Inc.
- Normal wear and tear is excluded from the warranty. PropEle is entitled to refuse a warranty claim if:
- Before returning anything, you must request a return authorization from PropEle Electric Boat Motors Inc. You can contact us by phone, email or mail:
- Telephone: 425-502-5232 (9am – 5pm Pacific Time Zone)
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: 10404 428th Ave SE, North Bend, WA 98045
6 – What Costs will I be responsible for?
- For a covered warranty repair or replacement, you will be responsible for paying the applicable percentage of MSRP (as noted above), as well as all shipping costs to and from our manufacturing facility or such other place as we may designate.
7 – How do I obtain warranty service?
- Please note that you will need your proof of purchase as the original consumer purchaser to submit a warranty claim, if you are the original owner. To make a claim, please use the online warranty submission form below. If you are not able to submit the form below, please call us at (931) 738-4800. We may require that you provide photos or return the product to us at your cost.
This warranty applies to USA and Canada purchases only. Jackson’s international warranties are handled directly through our overseas distributor and dealer networks. Their warranties may vary from ours, check with your local dealer for more information.
If your product is deemed defective, and to be replaced under warranty we ask that you decommission the product by drilling a minimum of 10 half inch sized holes in the bottom down the length of the hull/cooler/kennel and send the picture in to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is only for liability purposes and to ensure the safety of all future Jackson product owners. Once we receive conformation that your product has been destroyed your replacement will ship out.